Viewing: FY 20/21 Maint/Channel Projects Click to view: FY 19-20 Maint/Channel Projects
Jefferson County Drainage District No. 7 (The District) Projects
As of November 1, 2020
- Ditch Maintenance: crews maintain approximately 281 miles of earthen and concrete channels within DD7 boundaries from March until late November or early December. During the winter months, these crews cut back trees and brush encroaching on DD7 channels.
- Herbicide Department: assist in maintaining drainage channels by applying herbicide to new growth in the concrete channels as well as applying herbicide to the earthen channels. The crew also repairs fencing and cable barriers throughout the district.
- Pump Station Maintenance: Daily inspections and general maintenance and repairs to The Districts 20-pump stations. All stations are inspected daily including weekends and holidays.
- Hurricane Levee Crew: Maintains and repairs the Districts 36 miles of earthen levee, concrete & steel sheet pile floodwall and closure structures throughout the levee system.
Maintenance & Operations Projects:
- Non-District Channel: DD7 has agreed to remove trees and muck out a drainage channel outside of our district boundaries at Lamar Ave. & Twin City Hwy in Central Gardens. This channel drains a portion of Central Gardens and discharges into the Neches River.
- HFPL: Repaired approximately 100’ section of levee at station 1314+00. The compromised section was removed and replaced with new material. The repair consisted of 8” lifts compacted to 6” with 3 successful compaction test per lift. Once the repairs were complete, the bare section of levee was hydro mulched to ensure proper vegetation growth.
- HFPL: Repaired approximately 100’ section of levee at station 1316+25. The compromised section was removed and replaced with new material. The repair consisted of 8” lifts compacted to 6” with 3 successful compaction test per lift. Once the repairs were complete, the bare section of levee was hydro mulched to ensure proper vegetation growth.
- HFPL: Entered into an Interlocal Agreement with Jefferson County Pct. #2 to repair and asphalt approximately 1800’of the HFPL roadway from station 1542+03 to 1560+04.
- HFPL: Installed a flap gate on Closure Structure 11 discharge to have a second line of defense against storm surge for said closure.
- HFPL: Repaired ramp crossing the HFPL to Atlantic Shippers at station 321+04. The ramp was repaired to as-built specs and resurfaced with asphalt.
FY2019-2020 Special Projects
- Last phase of Rodair Gully improvement project from Hwy. 69 to West Port Arthur Rd. Complete
- Upgrade to Lateral A3A. (Groves) Contract Awarded
- Engineering design to concrete the Shamrock Ditch and a portion of Rodair Gully Lateral 3 (Beauxart Gardens) Substantially Complete
FY2020-2021 Hazard Mitigation Grant Projects (HMGP)
- Groves Detention HMGP Project- The District was awarded a HMGP grant to establish a detention pond in the Atlantic Main watershed. The detention pond will give relief to storm water flowing to Crane Bayou PS. #7
- Halbouty Detention HMGP Project- The District was awarded a HMGP grant to expand the Halbouty Detention pond which provides relief for Main B & C watersheds.
- A3A Detention HMGP Project- The District was awarded a HMGP to provide detention for the A3A system in Groves.
FY2020-2021 Special Projects
- Rehab Discharge Pipe Supports-PS #3, West Port Arthur Rd.
- Begin Engineering Blocks Bayou Repairs/Improvements. (Port Neches)
- Improvements to Lateral B4A & B4A Ext. (Port Neches)
- Continue Diesel Engine Replacement Program with purchase and installation of (4) new Cummins Diesel Engines
- Complete HMGP Project @ Alligator Bayou (New Pump Station)
- Update Operations System from Control Center-SCADA
- Repairs to steel sheet-pile discharge bay at Pump Station #5 (Engineering)
FY20-21 Capital Funds Project
- Sabine Pass to Galveston Bay Levee Improvement Project. Continue working with the Galveston District Corps of Engineers to improve the Hurricane Flood Protection Levee System (HFPL)